Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nothing went as planned today and that's a good thing . . . I hope! Daddy's doctor (plastic surgeon Dr. Fowler) decided to hold off on everything. Big, BIG shocker for us all! He said he felt he was in "purgatory" with the decision, but felt we needed to wait until tomorrow morning to make a decision. Obviously, Daddy's chest looked a tad bit better (maybe our miracle!). He will not be able to eat or drink after midnight again tonight in case they decide to go ahead with one or both surgeries tomorrow morning. One more day to give him a chance to heal and fight!
Last night as I left them at the hospital, Daddy and Mother both had resigned to the fact that his chest was going to be opened again this morning and they had actually accepted it. I had NOT! Daddy's regular (general) doctor had scared him to death with the thought that this infection he has going on in his chest could move to his titanium knee replacements (from 2005 & 2006 I think) and destroy them. What?? No one has mentioned a possibility like that before! He told them that infection attacked anything artificial in the body and could move to his knees! That is the two new parts on Daddy's body that he has been the most proud of. He would walk everyday and go to physical therapy to show off during his recovery period (which was short!) and everyone was so very proud of his progress! He used to always be in so much pain and kind of hobbled when he walked before the surgeries, so the new knees were his prize possessions! To even give a second thought to something happening to those knees terrified both of them. What on earth would he do without use of his legs and his chest? We can't even go there!
So, everyone, please continue to pray for my Daddy. Looks like it is working. He has quite the battle ahead of him! I have been taking pictures everyday so we can track the progress, which appears to be slight. I will sit down and post a few tomorrow.
Lord, please help my sweet, strong Daddy! He keeps telling us all how much he loves us! Bless his heart!

5 comments:

Windy said...

Prayers and love coming your way.

April Isaacs said...

I am so sorry you are going through all this with your dad. You must be drained in every way!

I am praying, right now, that God will renew your strength and the strength of your dad. After all, he gives strength to the to the weary and increases the power of the weak. (Isaiah 40:28-31)

Praying for a great day for your dad and great news from the doctor!

April

Angel said...

You know how happy I am for you and your parents-Praise God that He is THE miracle worker-your daddy has been through so much and I am believing that this is the beginning of a new time for him-I hope you can get some rest-you have worked so hard to be there for your parents and for your kids-Wish I could do more to help you-Know that I am praying for you all and here if you need ANYTHING! I love you!

Jenni Kountz said...

Hoping your daddy continues to improve. Thinking of you!

Kecia said...

The prayers will never stop!!! You aguys are part of our family now!!