Tuesday, November 11, 2008


Ok, the election didn't turn out like we had hoped, but we must lick our wounds and go on. This is an opportunity to see if O* can really deliver. Only time will tell, and I hope we (the disappointed) will be pleasantly surprised. I'm still hopeful for 2012 - Palin will return. That chick is awesome!

We have had some scary stuff happening in my family. My dad started on Election Day (didn't even get to vote!) having shortness of breath, rapid heart beats and pain down his left arm. He has been in the hospital since then and mother has been right by his side. I have been there everyday to take food and clean clothes to my mom. Daddy had a heart cath. yesterday and has much more blockages than he did this time last year when he had one (85% in 5 arteries). The picture collage is from the night before surgery (all smiles!). Long and short of it all is that he is having open heart surgery on Wednesday (tomorrow) and they are "going to fix him". Those are Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Dr. Barry Davis' very words. Daddy also has an abnormality in his heart that he was born with and they are going to readjust the entire artery. His heart was going crazy last week with a heart rate of 150 and pulse at 80. Daddy's pulse rate is normally around 50 at rest. Luckily Dr. Parker who did the heart cath. yesterday said that his heart muscle looked strong and needed a bit of work to get it running dependably. If he doesn't have surgery he is like a ticking bomb and we just can't have that! I am terribly worried and would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my daddy. He has quite a long road ahead of him and I have to admit I am a nervous wreck. He had one of those "....If something happens to me...." talks on Sunday when we were alone and I cried like a baby. Nothing can happen to him, because we love and need him too much.

Poor Cole thought that he caused it all by playing football with his Pappy the day before it all started. Angel has been big help with my kids and had Cole when he just crumbled in tears last Tuesday. She dried his tears and prayed with him for his Pappy. Thanks for making Cole feel better and for being there for us. We love you Angel!

I am off to the hospital to take my mom some breakfast and to spend the day with my Daddy. I am taking the video camera so we can do some before videos. Daddy wants me to record his talent of making his chest muscles jump on command! My kids think this is an amazing talent. With his chest being opened and muscles being cut, he is afraid he will never be able to show off for them again and he wants it all documented. I know this sounds weird to some, but if you know my crazy Daddy, you would know this is pure Joe Pearson! He is so funny and loves to show off is muscles. He has always been fit and exercises everyday to keep that way. Within the last couple of years he has had two total knee replacements and had a beautiful recovery. Before he was in a lot of pain and hobbled around. Now he could be a spokesperson for why you should have your knees replaced if you even think you need it. I hope and pray that his heart surgery turns out the same way. He has a great, positive attitude and that can make a REAL difference.

5 comments:

Debby said...

Jody,

I will be praying for you, your family, and your daddy. I can't imagine the pressure you must be facing right now.

Take Care,
Debby

Kecia said...

We are praying for your Daddy...
Sister,your pain is our pain!!
We love yopu in Christ!!

Angel said...

I am sitting here thanking God for the quick and easy recovery your daddy is going to have. I know he will be okay-we all need him way too much!!! I can't wait to see the videos you take today-that truly is
"Pappy" Take a deep breath and trust that your daddy is in God's hands and that all will be fine-Give them all a great big hug from me-I hate I can't be there but I will be praying and waiting-Let me know what I can do-You know I will do ANYTHING!
I love you friend!
Angel

Shelley said...

I am praying for you and your family. Your post made me cry - I know how wonderful daddies are and especially being a daddy's girl, how much they mean to us girls. I know that you are taking extra special care of him. Please know that you and your family are being prayed for - that the Lord holds all of you in the palm of his hand and takes care of you in only the way that HE can. I am especially praying for strength for you, Jodi, as I know what it feels like to be in your shoes. I know how overwhelmed you must feel and pray that you will be strengthened by the love of those around you - they will take care of you. Take care Jodi and be blessed...
Love, Shelley

Kecia said...

I'm here just to ask about Joe!!lol...
I'm sure that everything went well,just wanted to hear or better "read" from you!
Love you dear friend!!