Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fruitful Friday!

My Daddy and I had a very productive day yesterday! He came over with a yummy Chick-Fil-A biscuit and a truck full of hangers first thing in the morning! I am doing a consignment sale next week and have to have a ton of clothes priced and ready to go by Sunday, September 7th at 7:00. Everything has to be on hangers and goodness knows you can go through a bunch in no time at all. Anyway, my thanks to Pappy for stopping at a local thrift store and sweet-talking a little lady into giving him some hangers. We also organized our messy garage (a little) and hung a few things up on nails. It is amazing how much more room you have when you go vertical! We tried our best to repair the leaky garage doors, but came to the conclusion that the cement was poured wrong. The doors are super big and catch the blowing rain, which just runs down and puddles under the doors. Makes quite a big mess when we get a bit of a storm! Well we tried! Daddy boinked himself on the head with the hammer by leaving it on top of the ladder and then moving the ladder. Bet he won't do that again! Glad he didn't really get hurt, just a little crack on the noggin.
Then we moved onto making some new chicken nests for my "girls" from a recycled football bench that we found next to the dumpster at the high school football stadium. J. G. who made it and signed his initials to the bottom - made it back in 1971. WOW - vintage! Daddy revamped it into great chicken nests for the barn and the boys helped when they got out of school. Daddy was amazed at how strong Max was carrying the newly fashioned nests out to the barn. He said he was as strong as a man! Way to go Maxie!
My mother came here after her hair appointment, so Kamden quite enjoyed having her MeeMee over for some extra loving. I had made a photo album for her for "grandparents" day which is on Sunday, but decided to go ahead and give it to her. She brought every one's attention to an amazing rainbow that went completely across the sky. What a good sign! It was beautiful, but I couldn't see it completely from the top of the chicken coop!
Daddy and I had also found some old metal signs at the football field -roofing material idea! They had put up all new sponsors signs and the old trashed ones made a lovely roof for my chicken coop. As you can tell we are big into recycling around here! I ended up on top of the chicken coop hammering nails in. Never pictured myself doing that, but I can now say that I did it! I was afraid the roof would cave in if daddy or Craig got up there, so I acted like Spider-Woman and tried to distribute my weight on the support beams - if you could call them that! Quite a sight! A few chickens roost on the roof of the coop and tried to scare me to death flying up there and "ice skating" across. They were used to the old rippled roof that gave them a little traction. Funny sight - you will have to take my word for it!
We got so much done in a day. Daddy was a BIG help and I just wanted to thank him. My parents sit down together and read my blog every now and then and I just want you both to know how much I love and appreciate you. We got so much accomplished in a day! I love it when you guys come over and so do the kids! Hope you enjoyed the waffle supper - you deserved steak! Thanks from the barnyard chickens too! They are ready to lay a bunch of eggs in the new nests and will appreciate the "new" roof when the rain comes!

1 comment:

Kecia said...

Hi! Your blog is very special!
I would like to become you ciberfriend!!!LOL
I have a blog too,so if you could...
GOS BLESS YOU AND YOUT FAMILY!!!