Wednesday, December 10, 2008

After two really rough days, my Daddy is doing so much better. I really believe we witnessed a miracle last night around 8pm, when after two straight days of being in the bed and coughing his lungs out, he decided to get up and walk around the halls. It was truly amazing! Today when I walked in the room he said, "I like to have died the past two days, and now I feel much better!" Prayer really works! Dr. Hippensteal had a pulmonary doctor (Dr. McCraw) check out the CT Scan they did on Monday night and we thought he was going to have to drain the fluid from around his lung yesterday evening, but thank the good Lord he didn't! They had already had him sign the release forms and had the "tools" (looked like a railroad spike!) to get the job done sitting in the room (ready for action). Daddy wanted to shake that doctor's hand! Finally, someone gave him a break! His chest is still painful because he has coughed a rib loose from the "joint" where it meets the cartilage. You can actually see it protruding. They started him on prednisone last night at 10pm and he is on another round of antibiotics. His leg is still on the vac system, so the ugliness remains "under wraps". We all kind of forgot about the leg when his chest became so very painful. Thanks from the bottom of my heart to Angel for keeping my kids so I could run back to the hospital and watch the procedure that didn't end up taking place. She is my truest, very best friend in the whole wide world and I love her! Not just anybody would be willing to take on my bunch! Thanks to Val for volunteering too. Hopefully this is the last "scare" we will have and they will consider releasing my parents soon. This has been so hard on them! Thanks to Mickey and Dee for always visiting and calling to check up on everything. What would my parents do without such caring family? Keep praying for my Daddy - obviously it is working!

3 comments:

Windy said...

You did a great job on the basket!
I hope and pray they do get to go home on Friday, I know ya'll are exhausted, and your Dad will probably be able to rest better. Keep me posted.
PS Some day I want you to tell me how you get the collages of your pix:)

Kecia said...

We are so happy that Joe is doing better!!
We love you guys!

Shelley said...

I'm so glad to hear that your daddy is doing better and will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. Having a wonderful daughter to take such good care of him has surely been good therapy :). Take care!
Love, Shelley