Thursday, December 4, 2008

Just a quick update on my Daddy, also known as Pappy! He is still in the rehab section of the hospital called Roger C. Peace. His leg wound still looks horrible. My Mother can't even look at it. Today they are putting an appliance called a wound vac on his upper thigh to draw out drainage and hopefully help the healing process. I think they are just moving from one thing to the next to hopefully find something that works. I have been taking close up pictures so we can keep up with progress, but will not post them because there is nothing pleasant at all about how bad his opening looks. Angel and Leigh, sorry for sending a few on your cell phones. Hopefully you were not eating!
On top of the pain from his leg, he now has a bad cold with sneezing and coughing which hurts his chest like crazy. This morning Dr. Hippensteal heard a rattle in his left and right lung and they are starting breathing treatments again. On Tuesday an x-ray showed a little fluid in his left lung, but not pneumonia. His oxygen level went down substantially last night and once again he is on oxygen. I feel so sorry for my parents! We were hoping they would get to go home and now it looks like that wont be happening for a while. It has been over a month now (November 4th)!
My children, Craig and I went to my parents home and put up their Christmas tree and all of their decorations. Surprise! The kids quite enjoyed looking at and handling (argh!) all of the cool ornaments their grandparents have collected for so many years. Thank goodness nothing was broken during the crazy "appreciation moments"! Hopefully the tree will not fall forward, since most of the ornaments were specially placed on the very front of the tree! You know, that's what kids do! We are praying that my parents will get to go home soon to enjoy all of their decorations. Lord knows we didn't put things where they were supposed to be, but this is a Davenport twist on the Pearson house! One thing is certain, I would never be a Christmas decorator for a living! I think I will scream "BAH- HUM-BUG!" if I have to do much more decorating!
I'm off to the hospital again with positive thoughts, clean clothes, and some food for Mother, also known as MeeMee! Keep them in your thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

Windy said...

Still praying for your Daddy and Mommy. I know that she is stressed and he is ready to be at home! I was wondering how the "emotional" part is going. Such a sweet thing for you to decorate their home for them - a bright spot to look forward to.

Ashton said...

Praying for you and MeeMee and Pappy! (Not proper english) llol Hope to see y'all soon!

Kecia said...

We have adopted Pappy in to our lives,and prayers!! We love him even without knowing him!
Our prayers will rise to heaven!!
Love you all so much!

Debby said...

I'm sorry your dad is still not home. In my new job as a visiting nurse, I have seen these wound vacs in action and they do AMAZING things for healing! I will be praying it does the trick for his leg and also that his lungs clear up.

Merry Christmas to your family,
Debby