Monday, December 8, 2008


Well we made it through another weekend with Daddy in the hospital Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Center. He had a really bad night on Saturday night and coughed instead of sleeping. He had several rough episodes when he couldn't catch his breath. Now he is on an antibiotic called Cipro (sp?) and is taking a much stronger med for his cough. They did a chest x-ray and should get the results today. I asked the nurse for a sleeping pill for him last night and after the doctor's approval they gave him one at 11:00 pm and he slept like a baby. Nothing like a good night's sleep to make you feel better! He is still having a lot of pain in and around his wound on his thigh and now his chest is really hurting. I am sure he has pulled muscles coughing - hopefully not wires where they put him back together after heart surgery. I made a picture of the wound vac that is hopefully aiding in the healing process. This looks much better than the pictures I have made of the wound itself! Yuck!
I included a few pictures of Mother's birthday on November 30th we celebrated in the "gathering room". What a great picture of my parents! Kamden and I made cupcakes and we all enjoyed some time together in another room besides #2807.
OK, I said no more Christmas decorating, but I just had to do this! I made a great little pick-me-up gift basket to decorate my Daddy's room. I got this wonderful idea from a fellow blogger, Wendy. Thanks for planting a seed and motivating me in an awesome direction. A basket from Ross (one of my favorite stores on earth!) and a few things I had in my own (too much) Christmas decorations and voila! I even put some energy efficient, tiny LED lights on the little tree so it even looks pretty with the lights off. My Daddy's sister (who is super crafty) came by to visit last night and said I "out did myself" on the basket! Yeah! Anyway, MeeMee and Pappy liked it and that's what mattered most of all!
I am finishing up on getting all of my families' (and their) laundry done and will be off to visit with my precious parents. I hope they will get some good news from the doctors today. Maybe even a date of a possible homecoming! I think today is the day for removing the packing and measuring the leg wound and taking a bit of dead skin off (not a fun event). I will post soon with some good news - I hope!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Hey Jodi- My computer has been out of commission for a few weeks, but I have been following your dad's progress through Joe & Dee. I told them to let you know that I would be happy to help with Kamden- or the boys- if I can. I was going to cook a few easy meals for Craig to heat up for the kids too, but wasn't sure what they would eat. I don't have your cell # anymore, so call me when you get a chance & let me know how I can help. Hugs, prayers & love your way!

Kecia said...

The prayers will continue!!
We love you so much! Our whole family is in constant prayerfor Pappy!

Angel said...

You know we are praying-I love the new pics-Pappy and mee-mee look great-You would never know they had spent over a month in that hospital room. We love you all-give them a big hug from us!

Valerie said...

Jodi- email me your cell number, if you don't mind. Has your email changed? Tim & I have both tried to email you & it keeps coming back. Seriously- call me if you get in a bind. I know how it is to be in your position.