Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Frustrating Friday

Have you ever just wanted to open your mouth and scream as loud as you could? I did this morning when once again the chick named Jackie at the appliance fix it joint told me that they couldn't seem to find the part to repair my oven. Argh! We bought this thing only four short years ago and have had countless problems with it. Kamden and I were making muffins on August 10th when something blew (really - scared us) while the oven was preheating. We put the muffins in and they did not cook. Strange - we thought! I must have done something wrong. We tried pushing every high-tech button on this expensive contraption (ES400 Electric Range) and nothing would work. I called Frigidaire, which is owned by Electrolux (huh?) and they finally suggested three repair shops that were authorized. After calling two of them and receiving no answer, I called McDonalds - good name you would think, but NOT! I paid a guy $85 to come out here to tell me what the problem was (a blown control panel). Now I am for sure getting the run-around! My family is about to die without Totino's frozen pizzas, Tacos and Martha White brownies from my oven! Apparently higher fuel costs are effecting my part coming in - according to Jackie - who sounds like she is just counting the minutes until her next smoke break and could really care less. It's Friday and I am being put off yet again for another weekend! They are probably adding up the number of times I have called their repair shop for updates and are going to charge me for each one when and IF I get my part in and they ride in on their horse and wagon to fix it. Sorry I sound so angry, but try living without your oven for an extended period of dinners with five hungry mouths begging. Thank goodness it's not my refrigerator! We would be in a fix then. Oh well, I guess if this is the only thing I have to frustrate me I am in good shape! Happy Frustrating Friday!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! You have such a beautiful family! I wish we lived near each other 'cause I'd LOVE to buy fresh farm eggs from you!!

I'm sorry to hear about the oven. :o( That does make for a frustrating Friday.

Have a blessed weekend!

Jenn

Amy Clemons said...

I really like your blog. I was raised on a farm. We had so much fun and I hope to build a house there in the future so my daughter can experience the joys of country living.

Thanks for your comment. I hope to follow up on your blog. You have a beautiful family.

Good luck with the oven. My dad had to fix my fridge last weekend. Ha ha!

April said...

Love your blog and thanks for the sweet comments on mine...I love seeing all your pics and the farm!! Farm fresh eggs, nothing like it!!! we only buy from a local farm too!!