Tuesday, August 19, 2008


Well, it is official....summer is over! I am sad and excited for my children to be turning onto a new path in their journey. Max is a "senior" at Wren Middle School. I can't believe he is in the eighth grade! In so many ways he is growing up, but when I look at him I still see the little scared four year old who shook like a leaf walking into school for the first time. He tried to smile to tell me bye when he let go of my hand. I was fighting to hold back the tears until I got back to my car. Now he tosses his book bag over his shoulder and is ready to go without a second thought. Cole on the other hand has been willing and ready since day one. He is happiest around a group of kids laughing and bouncing around. We have always called him Tigger and it is a very fitting nick name! He is a "senior" (fifth grader) at Spearman Elementary! He too is growing and changing in so many ways. I am tearing up typing this (actually boo hooing)....reflecting on how quickly time passes. Wasn't it only yesterday they needed me for everything? I love my boys and I am so proud of them! Max's mature ways of viewing the world yet his innocent perception of so many things. He is considering his future, asking big questions like, "How do you know where you want to go to college? When do you know what you want to do with your life?" These are the questions for a maturing mind! He realizes that his future choices are nearing. It all just scares the life out of me! Cole is refreshing because he is still young enough to LOVE recess with his entire heart. School is a social affair and he greets it with a very toothy smile. Thankfully, his grown up future is still a long, long way off in his mind and he just lives for the moment! He makes my heart smile! Kamden and I have a week to get used to the idea that she will be walking through the doors of her K-4 class. Don't know if I can take it! I hope my boys are having a happy first day and that they love their teachers! Where did our long summer go? Where have those little, sweet arm fulls gone? It is strangely quiet in the Davenport house and I miss them and so does Kamden!

1 comment:

Angel said...

My how those litte boys have grown. I can still clearly see each of them on the day they were born. You have much to be proud of-I can't wait to see where the future takes us all-It will be fine as long as we are together to hold each other up as we learn to let our little ones go----Let's make sure to enjoy all of the little moments now-
Sending you a big hug!