Monday, October 6, 2008

Mountain Monday!




Hello Mountain Monday! This is my yuck day if I haven't been smart throughout the week or even weekend and gotten a few loads of lovely laundry done. Lord have mercy, I despise sorting, washing, folding, and returning clothes to their proper drawer! Heaven help me if I were living back in my grandmother's (rest their souls) younger days when they actually had to do laundry in wash pots over an open flame stirring with a stick and scrubbing on a board. I would die! My children and husband would surely wear everything until it stunk like a skunk and would actually stand up in a corner all by itself from pure nastiness. You think I am kidding? Not in the least! My family is very "clothes rich" and I am to blame because I bring every last piece in the house. I apparently want them to have plenty of choices and I want them to look nice. Even though I make sure there are nice, CLEAN clothes available, Cole and Kamden are happiest when they look ragged and homeless. Bless their hearts, they love what we call "play clothes". You know the ones I don't care if they get chicken doody on because I view them as disposable - almost. Max always has stayed clean (thank you buddy - no stain stick needed for you). Thank God for my wonderful washer and dryer! Here's a big shout out to the fabulous person, in our not so distant past, who had the forethought to know that I would die if they hadn't have invented the washer and dryer! I really should be massively(underline, underline) THANKFUL instead of irritated when doing laundry and I actually try to play a kind of mind game with myself (works sometimes).
I don't know if anyone else is in my shoes, but my kids will try something on and change their minds, or only wear it for a few (clean) hours and decide to change - and instead of folding (yes I have shown them how many times) then they toss their clothes in the laundry hamper (all of them - including my hubby). ARGH! I could just hang myself on a hook when I sort laundry and realize clean stuff has been wadded up with dirty stuff and crammed in. Now it all has to be washed and I do complain out loud - with an audience and sometimes to myself like a crazy woman! I consistently notice how I have very few things to wash, so it's not my doings.

I wouldn't trade my family of five for anything in this world - their mountains of accumulating laundry I could more than do without. When I feel most agitated (washing machine throwback) I have to tell myself to think of others with a house full of dirty clothes creators! Think about poor John and Kate Plus Eight! I hope that poor woman has more help than she lets on when it comes to laundry. But, maybe she really is just a super, WONDER-WOMAN and can leap big piles of "L" in a single bound! When I think about (real) families who have droves of children, like a lady that lives just down the street from me who has eleven, I think about the laundry. I am so warped! I even asked her once how she ever got it done (truth - never is done) and she said, "Everyone helps!". Wonder what that's like? Here's my theory: I actually think that they only have a few pieces of clothing and wear them many, many times until they themselves (no matter what the age) have to wash, or wear it dirty (again). Perfect plan if you ask me. I should take note!

I know there will come a day in the future when I would gladly (haa haaa!) take the lovely, sometimes backlogged, laundry days back in exchange for having my house full of kids again! That is at least what I am told by the "older than I generation". I have already told my oldest (Max) that his days are numbered and that once he leaves home for college (in four years) he'd better not come home with dirty clothes. Mean-Momma-Me, - I can dream, can't I? Let's just see what happens! I hear the washer beeping! Sounds like music to my ears! Must get 'er done! Hope to have a mountain conquering MONDAY!
Just a thought: Sarah Palin really IS the smartest woman ever . . . she has figured out how to get her husband to do the laundry! Right! HEEE HEEE! If he plays his cards right he won't even have to do it!

3 comments:

Kecia said...

Jodi,you have the creativity to make me laugh with your everyday chores adventures!!
You are an amazing woman!!
God bless you aways!

Debby said...

Girl, You are speaking my laundry deficient language :0) You are my inspiration today to get'er done!

Hope to see you soon!

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

Hi there! I don't know how you found me but I am so glad I found you in return! This laundry post made me laugh out loud! I can totally relate. I am never done with laundry, it is unending. plus my family is the same way. In any given load maybe two or at most three pieces are mine and the rest belong to my husband and the kids. I can't wit till they are old enough I can force them to do their own! I'll be stopping by again soon!