Tuesday, October 28, 2008



Goodness gracious I have obviously been lost in FALL y'all. So much has been going on around here; I just haven't taken the time to blog. I love looking at a bunch of blogs and by the time I take a peek at other's lives, I don't have the time to blog about my own! Any - WHO, here I am finally!

I'll start off by saying baseball is over, for a little while at least! We had the last fall tournament and the guys won all of their games except for the final (and most important one) against Easley. They are apparently (news to me) our rivals! Our guys wanted to win so badly, but they just couldn't do it. The Southern Steal really had a fabulous winning streak of 15 games in a row. That is in itself fantastic and losing one game is nothing to be ashamed of, but those words couldn't ease the pain my poor Cole felt after swinging the final strike of the last out of the game. He was HEARTBROKEN and there was nothing I could say to make it better. He sobbed from deep inside his heart. I can't lie, I hurt too, but for my child who felt like he had let his team down. It felt like a movie in slow motion. I will one day look back at my video that I was taking and surly, once again, feel the hot poker in the heart that I felt for my guy! On a happy note they got the biggest trophy they have ever gotten, but that didn't make a single player happy. "The winners got gold and they got crummy old silver" (a Cole quote). We will be happy to have a break and the boys need to get over the loss. They have a lot ahead of them, and they will bounce back and learn from all of this. You have to loose like a winner to win like a winner - what? It made sense to say to Cole at the time - but looks strange now seeing it typed on my screen! Kamden, still wanted to hold the trophy and was quite proud of her big brother, just as we all were!

It is already trick-or-treat time around here. We went to a "Trunk-or-Treat" at our neighbor's church on Sunday night and the kids had a ball. This was the perfect test run for the REAL Halloween! No, I could not talk Miss K into being a pretty princess, instead, Kamden was a spooky spider, Cole was a hunter (easy to pull together outfit in a flash), and Max was Max. He is officially too old for dressing up, or for "begging for candy from strangers", but doesn't mind at all bumming candy off of his brother and sister. I put a big hairy spider on my back (home decoration) and was the mommie spider, which thrilled Kamden to death! Craig thought I looked like a goober! We ran into a guy we went to high school with (hadn't seen him in ten long years) and he hugged me and my spider - pretty funny! "Watch out for mommie's big hairy spider", Kamden screamed! Belly laughing moment - guess you had to be there! Bryson, my nephew, went with us and had a great time hanging out with the cousins! He is pictured (above) with Cole after the big baseball game. We just love him!

Today was team dress up day for Red Ribbon week at school. Cole, of course, wore a Clemson sweatshirt. Kamden wore an old hand-me-down Furman University sweatshirt that both Max and Cole wore when they were 5 or 6. She thought she looked awesome - especially since it was her brothers'! Craig's sister graduated from Furman and is now in her fourth year at medical school. Max really wants to follow in her footsteps. I hope he does too! She has always been a super smart cookie and has done well at whatever she sets her mind to do. We are so proud of her! We hardly ever get to see her because she is so busy with a very full life! I couldn't imagine doing what she is doing now! She is specializing in radiology, which means an extra four years of schooling (maybe five - I can't remember). You go girl!

Well, we have pumpkin carving and more trick-or-treating ahead of us. Our dentist would be proud - we are brushing and flossing. We will not have cavities at our next visit! Wasn't Halloween started by The American Dental Association? Have a happy boo-day and more fun on the way!

2 comments:

Debby said...

My heart goes out to your guys; it's a hard thing to learn about life. Don't you wish someone wold have told you how hard it is to be a mom when your kids hurt?!

Looks like tons of Halloween fun down your way. I think we are going to have snow for trick-or-treating!

Kecia said...

Sorry abou the silver... But remember Cole that's he is already famous in another country!!LOL...
Well,we don't have halloween here so no candys for us!!;)
Love you in Christ!!