Friday, October 3, 2008


Kamden's 4-K Pumpkin Patch Field Trip was a blast on Thursday (Oct. 2)! There was a tractor /wagon ride where we got to see the apple orchards, beautiful deer who are quite the peanut butter cracker lovers, geese (loud and aggressive), have a duckie race using old fashioned pumps, feed the goats (old hat for us), milk a wooden cow (you would have to be there to understand this one), and wash our hands at a cool troth with soap dangling from pantyhose (weird, but worked). We even had ice cream (yummy - but burrrr). The children had so much fun and all got a cute little pumpkin to take home. Kamden got the runt pumpkin - an apple looks large next to it, but it is cute. She had so much fun with her little friends and showed me her boyfriend (WHAT--- Craig and the boys will die!). His name is Christian and he is a quiet, nice boy who luckily could care less about our girl. Don't know where this boyfriend idea has jumped into her brain from, but we need to keep it in check. She loves her teachers and seems to enjoy her time with everyone.
Kamden's teacher asked me to do a craft with the children today. Two days in a row at her school has officially warped her and I need medication. She loves having me there, but honest to goodness if I had to be a 4-K teacher I would die. Isn't that awful? But I am just being honest! Those teachers deserve every single dime they make and then some. Bless their hearts. Anyway, I took one of the group pictures from the trip (impossible to get them all to look at me for the picture - but I did my best) and they made a fridge magnet out of it. Turned out cute - but even foam sticker decorations proved to be quite the challenge. I had the bright idea to let them put their names in those sticky, foam letters at the bottom of the picture. Big mistake - I don't think we will do that one again! I felt like I was on a game show trying to quickly find all of their letters in their names before the bell rang to end the day. Whew, it is done and everyone ended the day with a cool craft.

2 comments:

Kecia said...

Looks like you had a lot to do!!You are a very busy woman...lol!!
wish i could see the pictures you've taken but,my computer crashed and i'm using my cellphone.
Love you in Christ!

Angel said...

You are too funny! You make me laugh out loud-You should post more often-it brightens my day! I am proud of all of your work on the field trip and with the picture frames-you go girl! Thanks for ALL of your help in making the big party a success this weekend. I can't wait to see all of the pics! You are the BEST friend EVER!
I love you!
Angel